Through close cooperation with business and industry, we will link the needs of society to our educational content, pilot the most potential new operating methods for further processing and channel our expertise to companies.
In accordance with Arene ry’s Programme for sustainable development and responsibility, our measures are as follows:
- Through our RDI activities and student involvement, we will produce solutions to sustainability challenges and promote sustainable development in cooperation with the higher education community, business life and the public sector.
- We will use the jointly developed criteria for developing the sustainability and responsibility of RDI.
- We will develop our operations so that one of the reasons we are a sought-after partner and employer is our sustainable and responsible RDI that is ecologically, socially, culturally and economically sustainable.
This means that sustainability and responsibility are cross-cutting themes in all the areas of strength of our RDI activities:
- Circular economy – We will enable a national transition towards a carbon-neutral circular economy
- Design – Our solutions will support new value creation for business
- Innovations – We will make new openings worth discussing
- Health – We will develop innovative and impressive solutions to promote overall well-being
We share the objectives of a clean environment and a sustainable future with our campus cities, Lahti and Lappeenranta. In the European Green Capital Lahti, we promote targets such as circular economy and the accessibility of recreational areas and a nature-first approach to entrepreneurship.
To support companies’ efforts towards sustainability, we also offer the competence of our students in the form of exercises, projects and theses. More information on the possibilities of student cooperation is on the LAB website and the Lappeenranta Greenreality network website.
With local innovations that promote sustainability in everyday life and business, we contribute to solving global sustainability challenges. As part of our RDI activities, we organise open seminars on circular economy and responsibility themes. Check out our events here.