Rolling admission is an application path for those who have completed or are close to completing their degree outside of Finland. In rolling admission, if meeting with all the requirements in the admission process, you will get admitted without any competition as long as there are places still available for the programme of your choice through rolling admission.
Application period for rolling admission is 15 December 2022–31 January 2023 at 15:00 (UTC+2)
Through rolling admission, you can apply to following Bachelor's programmes in English:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Industrial Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering, Industrial Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Tourism and Hospitality
- Fill in the online application form, upload all the required documents and submit your application by 31 January 2023 at 15:00 (UTC+2). Note: link active only during Rolling Admission.
- You may only apply to ONE bachelor's programme
- LAB Admissions Services will check your application.
- You will either receive an e-mail from LAB Admissions Services through StudyInfo about your application being accepted as it is or, a request to supplement it.
- If supplementary actions are needed, you must supplement your application within two weeks after having been sent the supplementary request.
- Do not mail LAB University of Applied Sciences any hard copies for your application documents.
- You will receive your admission result within a month from the date of having provided LAB Admissions Services with all the required documents.
- If admitted, you will receive a Letter of acceptance by email.
- If not admitted, you will be informed about the decision by email along with the reason for not having been admitted.
Confirming your place at LAB
- If admitted, you must confirm your place at LAB and pay the tuition fee (when required) within three weeks from the date of having received the Letter of acceptance.
- You can only confirm one place in a programme in higher education starting in Finland in Fall semester 2023.
- The first place you confirm in Finland will be your first, only and final choice as you or us will not be able to change it.
- If getting admitted at LAB University of Applied Sciences through rolling admission and confirming the offered place as required, you will be no longer able to confirm yet another place in any of the LAB programmes through regular admission or, to any other university or, university of applied sciences in Finland.
For more information, please see StudyInfo - One Study Place Per Term Provision.
Final verification for educational documents
- The final verification of your original documents will take place after your arrival at LAB University of Applied Sciences when you will bring your original Degree Certificate and Transcript of Records together with the official translations (when needed) for the final review.
- Not bringing in the original documents or, presenting forgeries for the required documents will automatically lead into losing the right to study at LAB University of Applied Sciences.
You need to meet special eligibility requirements when applying to Bachelor's programmes through rolling admission.
You are eligible to apply to LAB's English-language Bachelor's programmes through rolling admission if you have completed or will complete an upper secondary degree outside of Finland by 31 August 2023 that gives you the eligibility for corresponding university studies in your home country.
Who is not eligible?
You are not eligible to apply via the rolling admission in the following situations:
- you have completed your upper secondary degree in Finland, or
- your degree is European Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate, Reifeprüfung or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA).
The admission is based on upper secondary degree certificates. University-level certificates are not taken into consideration in the academic evaluation.
The requirements for grades are as follows, on a scale of failed to excellent:
- Arithmetic grade average good
- Mathematics grade good
There are no exact grades, scores, or a percentile to be met since every application is evaluated individually. In general, we wish to see good English language skills, and above average grades in mathematics.
Applying with an unfinished degree
Applicants who are applying with an unfinished degree must provide individual certificates for each school year or semester of the degree up until the application date. The applicant will be assessed based on the grades in these certificates.
The admission of an applicant with an unfinished degree is conditional. The degree must be finished by 31 August 2023, and the degree certificate, and if needed, its certified translation must be submitted to LAB's Admission Services by the deadline of 6 September 2023. Applicants who fail to graduate and submit the documents above on time forfeit their right to study.
When filling out your electronic application form, you must upload the following documents to the application. If you fail to provide the required documents when submitting your application, you are given a strict two-week deadline to supplement your application. Please note that this rule also applies to language test certificates.
If the required documents are not supplemented by the deadline assigned to you, your application will be discarded.
List of documents
The required documents are as follows:
- Upper secondary degree certificate
- Upper secondary transcript of records
- English language test certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of your passport (ID page)
- Copy of your Finnish residence permit card (if applicable)
If the degree certificate, transcript of records or curriculum are not in English, an official translation is required.
Please note that if you are not using your higher education certificates as proof for your English language skills (please see more information below under the headline of About the English language test result), you should not upload any higher education documents to the application. The student selection is based on the upper secondary degree certificates.
About the English language test result
One of the following language tests in English with at least the minimum score mentioned is required from you for proving your proficiency in English. If the results need to be verified via the test organiser's webpage, remember to verify your results before applying. If we cannot verify your language test results, the results cannot be used as proof for your English language skills.
It is advisable to submit your application after you have already taken a language test and received the results: in Bachelor's Rolling Admission, applicants are given a strict two-week deadline to supplement any missing documents to the application. When you have sent your application, you must provide the language test certificate within a two-week time period at the latest. If any required documents are missing after the deadline, the application will be discarded.
A language certificate issued by your home university or any other institution or organization is not accepted. All language test results accepted by LAB University of Applied Sciences are valid for two years from the date of taking the test.
Language tests accepted by LAB University of Applied Sciences
- C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency by Cambridge Assessment English
Minimum score: level C
For us to be able to verify your electronic test result from the CAE database, remember to register at the CAE Candidate Website and provide LAB University of Applied Sciences with your date of birth and the reference number for your Statement of Results.
Indicate our official name LAB University of Applied Sciences. The Statement of Results will be released online approximately 2 to 6 weeks from the date of taking the test, depending on the test being a paper or an online test. If already having received the official C1/C2 Certificate, remember to upload a copy for it to your Online Application Form.
- IELTS Academic or IELTS Online
Minimum score: 6.0 (writing band score 5.5)
Upload a copy for your IELTS Test Report Form or IELTS Indicator Score ID to the online application form at studyinfo.fi.
- PTE Academic or PTE Academic Online Minimum score: 54
Minimum score: 54
Upload the PDF copy of your Score Report to the online application form. For us to be able to verify your electronic test result from the PTE database, remember to send your electronic Score Report to LAB University of Applied Sciences from your PTE Online Account as well.
For more information please visit PTE - Guide to Scoring. Indicate our official name LAB University of Applied Sciences. The test result will usually be available on your online account within 5 working days from the date of taking the test. The minimum that we need for the verification is your Score Report Code or your Registration ID.
- TOEFL iBT and TOEFL iBT Home Edition
Minimum score: 78 (writing score min. 20)
For us to be able to verify your electronic test result from the TOEFL database, remember to request the TOEFL / ETS Test Centre to add LAB University of Applied Sciences as a receiver of your electronic Score Report.
For more information please visit Sending your TOEFL iBT Test Scores. Indicate our official name LAB University of Applied Sciences and use Institution Code 0496.
About the English language test result
When not required
A language test result is not required in the following situations.
Higher education degree completed in English in specific countries
You have completed a higher education degree in English at a higher education institution located in the following countries: EU or EEA country, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or the United States. You must have studied in the country in question for the complete duration of the studies.
Upper secondary degree completed in English in specific countries
You have completed an upper secondary degree in English at an institution located in the following countries: EU or EEA country, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or the United States. You must have studied in the country in question for the complete duration of the studies.
SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 480
Your SAT score in the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section is at least 480. Please verify your results via College Board before applying, as only verified results are taken into account by LAB University of Applied Sciences.
- The section must be completed after 1 January 2019.
- Your results must be verified by College Board (see instructions below). College Board must submit the results to LAB directly.
- The results must be available when the application is being processed.
Verifying your SAT results
LAB University of Applied Sciences only accepts your SAT test scores if an official score report is received directly from the test organizer College Board. When proving your English-language skills via SAT scores, you will need to submit the results via College Board.
To get your test results submitted to LAB University of Applied Sciences, please choose LAB University of Applied Sciences as a score recipient when registering for the SAT tests – the institutional code required is 7191.
If not having chosen LAB University of Applied Sciences as a score recipient while registering for the test or, applying with earlier test results and wish to make them available to LAB University of Applied Sciences, you need to order additional SAT Score Reports.
Final verification for educational documents after having started your studies
After having arrived at LAB University of Applied Sciences, the final verification process will be completed. You will be requested to bring your original degree certificate, transcript of records and their possible translations to campus for the final verification process.
Not bringing in the required documents or presenting documents that are involved in any kind of forgery will automatically lead into revoking your right to study at LAB University of Applied Sciences.