Eligibility and documentation
Autumn 2022 intake
The application will be filled in at Studyinfo during 5 - 19 January 2022. The application period ends at 3 p.m. (Helsinki time).
When applying for Bachelor’s programmes, you need to hold such school-leaving certificate that makes you eligible to apply to higher education in your home country.
Eligibility to apply for bachelor’s degree programmes depends on having completed at least one of the following:
- the Finnish matriculation examination
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) diploma or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) diploma
- vocational qualifications of three years or more in duration
- a higher education degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s)
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification or
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the awarding country
Entry requirements and procedure: How to apply for bachelor’s and master’s
In degree programmes taught in English students are required to have a good command of English at an academic level, but there are no formal language certificate requirements (like IELTS/TOEFL).
Applicants upload a copy of the original certificate(s) as an attachment to the application at www.studyinfo.fi by 26 January 2022 at 3 p.m., at the latest.
See below for more details on what documents should be provided. Or does everyone need to upload a copy of the degree.
The schedule below applies to January 2022 intake
Admission to the LAB University of Applied Sciences is dependent on scores earned either in the entrance examination or in SAT-test. Eligibility in itself does not yet guarantee admission. Student selection will be a competitive process in which the best Finnish upper secondary level degree certificates or entrance examination results or SAT results produce a place of study. Minimum requirements for certificate selections set by LAB University of Applied Sciences:
See the studyinfo.fi -page for more information about student selection.
In cases of equal minimum admission scores applicants will be ranked on the following ground:
- all students with the same score will be selected.
Results release schedule
In Joint application to higher education, autumn 2021, the admission results are announced no later than November 26, 2021. The order of preference chosen in the application form is binding. If you receive a place of study from your highest application wish, you will no longer be able to accept a place of study from lower wishes, even if your selection points would be sufficient for them. Only one study place can be offered to you in the autumn joint application.
In Joint application to higher education, spring 2022, the admission results are announced no later than June 3, 2022.