The transfer student application is arranged twice a year. Application is submitted via the national studyinfo.fi portal. The application periods in 2020 are as follows:
- 4.5.-18.5.2020. The study right of the accepted applicants begins at 1.8.2020.
- 2.11.-16.11.2020. The study right of the accepted applicants begins at 1.1.2021.
The applicant must have studied in his/her current programme for at least one semester i.e. transfer can't be applied earlier than the second semester.
LAB University of Applied Sciences can accept transfer students if there are any study places available in the degree programme the applicant wishes to transfer to.
- The applicant is required to have made consistent academic progress in the current programme. The studies she/he has completed prior to the transfer must be eligible for accreditation towards the new degree.
- The applicant must have sufficient time left to complete the new degree programme within the official time limit.
- The applicant is expected to write a motivation letter, in which she/he should state reasons for wanting to transfer to the degree programme in question.
- In addition, when applying for Design and Fine Arts degree programmes, the applicant is expected to present a portfolio or pre-assignment. In order to be accepted, at least 50 % of the maximum points in the assignment evaluation is required.
If there are more eligible applicants than available study places, the applicants will be ranked according to
- their academic progress and grades
- their graded (0-2 points) motivation letter
For students studying abroad
LAB University of Applied Sciences has no established procedure for international transfer students, who have no study right at Finnish UAS'. International students are always selected through the national joint application.