Professional Meetings and Discussions
LAB University of Applied Sciences, Lappeenranta Campus
Yliopistonkatu 36, 53850 Lappeenranta
The students are able to:
- develop their English skills to the level whereby they are able to follow and contribute to global developments in general and also in their own fields, and capable of communicating effectively with other professionals.
The teaching is student-centred, and is based on the communicative approach. Participants discuss and practise the language for effective oral communication, and actively use the language in different kinds of meetings, ranging from small group discussions, interviews, negotiations, to simulations on topics of international significance that involve the whole group.
• background reading on current global issues (which will be sent to all participants about two weeks before the course begins.
• 3 simulations on current events
• the language of meetings and discussions.
4 credits, equivalent to 100-120 hours of work, divided roughly as follows:
• Lessons in class: 46 hours
• Homework: 40+ hours
• Self-study: 25+ hours
The places of the open UAS courses are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Please note that the registration is binding.
The registration link will be published on this website at the start of the registration period.