Tuition fees at LAB University of Applied Sciences
Tuition fee academic year 2023-2024
As of 1st of August 2021 the tuition fee for new students from the non-EU/EEA countries per academic year is 8000 € for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes and 9,000 € for Master's Degree.
The tuition fee must be paid as a single instalment by the date set. Due date of the tuition fee is usually the same date as when the place of study is to be accepted. In the spring of 2023, the date is July 14, 2023.
THE EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
When you have been accepted to study at LAB University of Applied Sciences, you must pay the tuition fee in three week's time to receive the Early bird discount of 20%. If the tuition fee is paid after the deadline, the tuition fee must be paid in full.
EARLY BIRD TUITION FEES
Bachelor’s degree programmes EUR 6 400
Master’s degree programmes EUR 7 200
TUITION FEES AFTER THE EARLY BIRD PERIOD
When paying the tuition fee after the early bird discount period, you will need to pay the regular tuition fee. The fees are
- Bachelor’s degree programmes EUR 8 000
- Master’s degree programmes EUR 9 000
The deadline for the tuition fee payment is 14 July 2023 for you to maintain your study place at LAB University of Applied Sciences at joint application, spring 2023.
The sooner you accept a study place and pay the tuition fee, the sooner you can start your visa application process to ensure you receive your visa in time for your arrival.
In the first year, no one will be granted a scholarship by LAB University of Applied Sciences.
In the first academic year, no one will be granted a scholarship by LAB. The scholarship is a 50% reduction on the annual tuition fee. A student must complete 60 credits per academic year to be eligible for the scholarship. This policy will be applied until the end of the study time.
The credits must accumulate steadily over the duration of your studies:
- Bachelor's degree programmes: 60 credits after the first year, 120 credits after the second year and 180 credits after the third year.
- Master's degree programmes: 20 credits after the first year, 40 credits after the second year
Tuition fee earlier academic years
Students who start their studies on 1st of January 2021 or have started their studies earlier, the tuition fee is € 5,400 per year for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes and € 6,400 for Master's Degree.
The tuition fee must be paid as a single installment by the date set. Due date of the tuition fee is usually the same date as when the place of study is to be accepted.
Exemption from the tuition fee
In order to be exempted from the tuition fee at LAB, an applicant must upload to the application a copy of one of the following documents
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- EU Blue Card in Finland
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A-permit. (Type A-permit, granted for other than study purposes). PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A-PERMIT FOR STUDY PURPOSES, YOU HAVE TO PAY TUITION FEE.
- *EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland (Type P permit)
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- Brexit residence permit card, Type SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of residence under the withdrawal agreement, or P SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of permanent residence under the withdrawal agreement
- Proof from the Finnish Immigration Services that I have registered, or applied to register, my EU right to residence in Finland (UK-citizens)
* The term ‘family member’ refers to married spouses and partners who are cohabiting or in a registered partnership. Also regarded as family members are children under the age of 18 years (children of one’s own, adopted children or children of one’s spouse or partner if living in the same household).
Note: if you receive one of the documents mentioned above at any point of the admission process, please provide us a copy of the document as soon as possible at admissionslab [dot] fi.
Citizens of Finland are not required to provide proof of their citizenship as it will be verified from the population register.
Am I required to pay tuition fees?
The document exempting from the tuition fee must be valid when the semester begins, on 1 August in order for it to be considered for studies starting in autumn term and on 1 January in order for them to be considered for studies starting in spring term.
When the document you have used to justify your exemption from the tuition fee is expiring or has already expired, please deliver to us a new document stating the grounds for exemption from the tuition fee to the email address: LAB [dot] Scholarshiplab [dot] fi
Residence permit (for non-EU/EEA students)
If you are planning to become a student at LAB, tuition fees and living costs are the main areas to consider when allocating your finances.
If a student resides outside Europe, a residence permit application should be submitted as soon as possible after having received the study place. During the residence permit process, the Finnish Immigration Service has to make sure that the person applying for a residence permit has sufficient means to live in Finland. For a one-year residence permit, you must have at least € 6,720 available for your use. To receive a positive decision for a one-year residence permit a student has to pay the tuition fee, show funds of € 6,720 for the cost of living (for accommodation, food and other needs) and a health insurance must be valid for at least one year from the date a student arrives in Finland. You must have the required sum for the cost of living in your own bank account. The reason for the negative decision is usually that the student has not been able to show sufficient funds to cover the cost of living. More information on Migri's website.
To ensure that non-European students have sufficient funds to study, a financial guarantee is required. This is part of the residence permit process.
EU/EEA students: EU citizens have the right to work, study or live in Finland without a residence permit.